Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Going potty in public-scary noises


Going potty in public-scary noises 

Sometimes when I’m going places, I have to use the bathroom. Sometimes I feel scared because the bathroom might have a fan that would be noisy.

ceiling fan with light



small ceiling light and fan

Fans do a special job. They can blow hot air to dry your hands or make you warm, or cold air to cool you off on a hot day. Fans in bathroom ceilings blow fresh air to get rid of stinky smells.

hand dryer



ceiling fan over stall




The noise that a fan makes comes from an engine that makes the blades turn around. The moving of the blades makes a breeze. Without the noise of the engine, a fan won’t work. Then people would be too hot, too cold, or have to smell stinky bathroom smells.

window fan

Engines also make noise when they cause cars, trains, and roller coasters to move. When I hear an engine sound that scares me, I can remember that the engine is making the blades of the fan blow the air, and that it cannot hurt me.

Hermie Sadler Autism Race Car



Amtrak Locomotive



Medusa Roller Coaster



white hand dryer


Some bathrooms have fans in the ceiling and some don’t. It’s important to use bathrooms when I’m not at home even if I’m nervous about a fan, so that I won’t have to hold myself until I get home. If I have to use the bathroom I will remember that the fan is doing a job and will not hurt me.

ceiling light and fan




If I can be brave and use different bathrooms, I can think of each bathroom as being a different roller coaster – like the Franklin, the Medusa, or the Vortex Monster Coaster! 



Medusa Roller Coaster



Vortex Roller Coaster

If I can be brave and use strange bathrooms, I can go lots of places without having to hold myself, feel nervous or scared. I can remember that fans may be noisy, but they can’t hurt me







 

No comments:

Post a Comment